TORAYCA® cloth method - Overview
What is the TORAYCA® cloth method?
Reinforcement method involving bonding of TORAYCA® cloth to the frame to be reinforced.
Key structures that can be reinforced
An official guideline is available for the structures in red.
- Bridge column
- Smoke stack
- Road tunnel
- Floor board/slab
Features of the material
- (1) Ease of application
- Weight increase is negligible and there is minimum impact on the foundation.
- Section increase is almost negligible and there is minimum impact on the construction limits.
- No heavy machinery is required, required work space is small, and application in narrow areas is possible.
- Structures of different shapes/sections can be accommodatedflexibly.
- (2) Economy
- Required reinforcement amount can be met by adjusting the number of layers.
- (3) Durability
- No rusting and after minimum maintenance application.
- External factors of deterioration are cut off to prevent deterioration of concrete and corrosion of reinforcing steel.